About the Inventory
Author: John J. Liptak, EdD
With this best-selling, easy-to-use inventory, individuals with little or no work experience can identify their job options and make their career transitions more effective and rewarding.
Individuals will review a list of 96 non-work activities and rate how much they like each one. Simple self-scoring allows them to connect their answers to the 16 career clusters, which then lead to a list of related jobs, self-employment options, and paths for education and training.Order Now
Key Features and Benefits
- Helps individuals weigh the pros and cons of jobs that interest them.
- Gives individuals opportunities to create a career plan that outlines educational and occupational goals and how to overcome barriers to these goals.
- Works well with a variety of populations, including:
- Job seekers and career changers
- People returning to the workforce
- Clients in rehabilitation-to-work programs
- People with little or no work experience
- Students in school-to-work programs
- Clients in welfare-to-work programs
- People transitioning from military to civilian careers
- Returning citizens
- Includes self-employment options.
- Can be given to groups or individuals.
- Available in print or online.
- Includes a free Administrator's Guide.
In a survey of 1,142 individuals who completed this inventory online:
- 87% felt more informed about occupations that may be a good fit for their interests.
- 82% felt more knowledgeable about how to effectively transition-to-work.
- 86% said the inventory was easy to complete.
Administer the Assessment in Print or Online
Select the format that works best for your clients' or students’ needs. The print version is ideal for in-person meetings and workshops and can be a helpful reference tool during one-on-one discussions.
The online version offers automated scoring and allows individuals to complete the inventory at home at their convenience. Results are immediately saved and provided to administrators. This option is ideal for serving or advising individuals who are unable to meet face-to-face.
Request a Sample or Quote
Interested in using this inventory in your program or curriculum? Contact your account manager or more information.