About the Workbook
Author: John J. Liptak, EdD
© 2015 | 98 pages
For many people, finding and keeping a job is a major challenge—one fraught with numerous obstacles, both material and mental. A lack of transportation, a lack of career guidance, a disorganized resume, a prior conviction, family responsibilities, low self-esteem, a drug addiction—the list of potential barriers is long, and many job seekers face more than one.
This workbook provides numerous worksheets, checklists, tips, and journaling exercises to help job seekers move beyond their barriers to find and keep a rewarding job.
Using the workbook, individuals will:
- Learn to overcome personal, physical, financial, and emotional barriers to getting a job.
- Discover more effective ways to find work.
- Explore education and training options.
- Make better career decisions and develop an action plan.
- Works very well with JIST's best-selling assessment, the Barriers to Employment Success Inventory.
- Includes tips that help individuals alleviate emotional issues and manage stress.
- Provides guidance on using social media effectively to network and research occupations.
- Available as a print workbook or eBook.
- Includes a free Administrator's Guide.
Introduction: Breaking Through
Part 1: Personal and Financial Barriers
Part 2: Emotional and Physical Barriers
Part 3: Career Decision-Making and Planning Barriers
Part 4: Job-Search Knowledge Barriers
Part 5: Education and Training Barriers
Conclusion: Developing a Plan for Success
Request More Information or a Quote
Interested in using this workbook in your program or curriculum? Contact your account manager for more information.