About the Assessment
Author: John J. Liptak, EdD
Barriers to Employment Success Inventory (BESI) gives individuals a quick and easy way to identify the hurdles and obstacles that stand in the way of job success. Though it takes only 20 to 30 minutes to complete, this powerful inventory not only helps people conduct a more effective job search, it helps them be more successful on the job as well.
Test takers rate 50 simple statements covering five categories:
- Personal and Financial
- Emotional and Physical
- Career Decision-Making and Planning
- Job-Seeking Knowledge
- Education and Training
After users have identified their barriers, BESI suggests ways to overcome them and helps individuals develop an employment success plan that can be used in groups or individual career counseling meetings.Order now
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides a standardized approach for career counselors or educators to use in helping individuals identify, understand, and find solutions to the barriers that are preventing them from successful employment. Can be given to groups or individuals.
- Available in print or online.
- Works well with the Overcoming Barriers to Employment Success video and workbook.
- Includes a free Administrator's Guide.
In a survey of 1,287 individuals who completed this assessment online:
- 85% felt more informed about barriers that may keep them from advancing their career.
- 85% said they had more insight into ways to overcome their employment barriers to achieve career success.
- 85% said the assessment was easy to complete.
Administer the Assessment in Print or Online
Select the format that works best for your clients' or students' needs. The print version is ideal for in-person meetings and workshops and can be a helpful reference tool during one-on-one discussions.
The online version offers automated scoring and allows individuals to complete the assessment at home at their convenience. Results are immediately saved and provided to administrators. This option is ideal for serving or advising individuals who are unable to meet face-to-face.
Request a Sample or Quote
Interested in using this assessment in your program or curriculum? Contact your account manager for more information.