Paradigm Announces New Third Edition of Exploring Electronic Health Records
Paradigm Education Solutions is developing a new edition of Exploring Electronic Health Records and its EHR Navigator application. Available for Spring 2022 classes, this courseware provides students with the instruction and hands-on practice needed to build in-demand EHR skills.
Complete course content is delivered through Paradigm’s Cirrus learning environment and includes access to the EHR Navigator application. Modeled on real EHR software, the EHR Navigator replicates professional practice and prepares students to use EHRs within inpatient, outpatient, and long-term care settings.
The new Third Edition of the courseware has been updated and enhanced with a variety of features. These include:
- a new chapter 12 and activities related to data analytics.
- a new chapter 14 on eHealth and population health.
- updates related to policy and industry standards (e.g., 21st Century Cures Act and its Final Rule).
- coverage of software and hardware advancements, plus technology related to virtual healthcare services.
- the previous edition’s nursing supplement, which is now integrated into the student textbook.
In the EHR Navigator, the following modules expand the discussion and understanding of data analytics. Each report is accompanied by a case study that prompts students to synthesize data and create a plan to address opportunities for improving health outcomes. All reports can be downloaded and opened in Microsoft Excel to further analyze the data.
- Smoking Cessation—Study the prevalence of smoking in the community, sort and filter the report by age, gender, and smoking level (frequency).
- Immunization Rates—Review the immunization records for patients, discover the reasons why some patients declined their immunizations, and use the data to develop a strategy for educating the community on the importance of vaccines.
- Hospital Readmissions—Search for readmissions related to heart failure and review the known chronic conditions, current medications, discharge disposition, and length of stay.
Educators interested in learning more about this courseware and using it in their program can contact their Paradigm account manager to request a digital sample of the new edition.