About the Video
© 2016 | 35 minutes
Technical skills may get your clients or students hired, but their soft skills will determine whether they meet employers' expectations and succeed in the workplace. Soft skills are the personality traits and interpersonal skills that allow us to adapt to changing circumstances, manage time and resources, and work well with others.
This video discusses the importance of soft skills in the workplace through engaging vignettes and interviews with hiring managers. Viewers will discover how to use and improve their soft skills to be more productive on the job and successful in their career. The video is divided into five sections:
- Making a professional impression
- Acting with integrity
- Communicating effectively
- Working as part of a team
- Pushing yourself to succeed
Key Features and Benefits
- Narrated by Emmy Award-winning anchor and reporter, Lori Wilson.
- Engaging scenarios depict problematic behavior in the workplace.
- Real-world hiring professionals put viewers inside the minds of employers.
- Critical-thinking questions foster self-reflection and discussion.
- Works well with JIST's Soft Skills Solutions series of booklets and Soft Skills Inventory assessment.
- Includes a free instructor's guide that shares presentation suggestions, quizzes, activities, discussion questions, and more.
- Available on DVD or online.
Request More Information or a Quote
Interested in using this video in your program or curriculum? Contact your account manager for more information.