About the Booklet
Author: The Editors at JIST
© 2011 | 64 pages
Too many people struggle to retain employment because they lack the essential skills and knowledge needed to fulfill employers' expectations. This booklet identifies the seven most important steps for keeping a job and helps readers hone important job retention skills. It covers how to get a job, adjust to it, and plan for success.
Checklists and worksheets featured throughout the booklet cover a wealth of job retention topics and can serve as a guide now and throughout a person's career. The booklet addresses:
- Employer expectations
- Dress code
- Customer service
- Technology use
- Time use
- And more
- Includes steps and additional information on soft skills and attitude; work ethic; piercings and tattoos; cell phone use; drug testing; and social media use.
- Part of JIST’s best-selling Quick Guides series.
- Guides individuals through seven steps:
- Step 1: Meet employer expectations
- Step 2: Have a positive attitude every day
- Step 3: Learn your job and do it well
- Step 4: Get along with others
- Step 5: Manage yourself
- Step 6: Be a professional
- Step 7: Create your career plan
Request More Information or a Quote
Interested in using this booklet in your program or curriculum? Contact your account manager for more information.