About the Workbook
Author: Michael Farr
© 2021 | 240 pages
This complete curriculum provides the core job search guidance that thousands of schools, colleges, and workforce development programs have used successfully for many years—plus new and enhanced content!
Instruction, worksheets, checklists, and step-by-step activities help individuals:
- set long-term life and career goals
- identify skills and qualifications
- find and research career pathways and occupations
- define ideal jobs
- and more
In the online job market of today, it’s not only about finding a job—it’s about being found! This edition of Getting the Job You Really Want has been updated to include tips and examples for how to create a professional online presence, use social networking to reach out to employers and other contacts, and create a resume that is optimized for application tracking software.Order Now
New Features and Key Benefits
- Provides up-to-date guidance on soft skills, etiquette, ethics, personal finance, internet basics, and more.
- Includes hands-on guidance for using technology in the job search, techniques for networking online and in person, and tips for maintaining flexibility in an ever-changing work world.
- Offers step-by-step instructions for researching careers on the O*NET database.
- Showcases examples of how to use an O*NET profile to build a resume, LinkedIn profile, and JIST business networking card.
- Shares tips for how to get the most out of career websites and job boards.
- Provides examples of LinkedIn messages to send to personal contacts and employers.
- Includes strategies and examples for writing an attention-getting resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile.
- Offers tips for successful phone and video interviews.
Request More Information or a Quote
Interested in using this workbook in your program or curriculum? Contact your account manager for more information.