About the Assessment
Author: John J. Liptak, EdD
The Workplace Excellence Inventory helps individuals identify the basic skills and strategies needed to successfully transition to the workplace and demonstrate excellence in their job performance. To evaluate their current competencies for workplace excellence, individuals will respond to 48 statements that are grouped into six essential skill areas:
- Work ethic
- Career management
- Soft skills
After scoring their responses, individuals will identify the competency areas in which they are likely to face the most barriers to becoming an excellent employee. The assessment poses critical-thinking questions that can help individuals self-reflect and better understand how to take steps toward better meeting employer expectations.
Before completing the assessment, individuals will develop a personalized success plan. This plan allows individuals to identify critical skills they need to develop and define steps and goals for acquiring these skills.Order now
Key Features and Benefits
- Takes 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
- Ideal for programs, workshops, or classes that provide career counseling, job search assistance, or vocational guidance, including:
- comprehensive career guidance programs
- employment counseling programs
- rehabilitation counseling programs
- college counseling centers
- college career and placement offices
- high school guidance programs
- outplacement programs
- prisons and parole-oriented programs
- military transition programs
- school-to-work programs
- welfare-to-work programs
- Can be given to groups or individuals.
- Available in print or online.
- Includes a free Administrator's Guide.
Administer the assessment in print or online
Select the format that works best for your clients' or students' needs. The print version is ideal for in-person meetings and workshops and can be a helpful reference tool during one-on-one discussions.
The online version offers automated scoring and allows individuals to complete the assessment at home at their convenience. Results are immediately saved and provided to administrators. This option is ideal for serving or advising individuals who are unable to meet face-to-face.
Request a Sample Quote
Interested in using this assessment in your program or curriculum? Contact your account manager for more information.