Get ready for your next semester!
About the Courseware
The Marquee Series prepares students to work with Microsoft applications for business or personal use. Incorporating an accelerated, step-by-step, project-based approach, this courseware helps students build competency in effectively using Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Copyright: 2023 | Also Available in a Brief Edition
Authors: Nita Rutkosky; Audrey Roggenkamp, Pierce College Puyallup; and Ian Rutkosky, Pierce College Puyallup
Information Technology Essentials
- Creating and Editing a Document
- Formatting Characters and Paragraphs
- Formatting and Enhancing a Document
- Formatting with Special Features
- Analyzing Data Using Excel
- Editing and Formatting Worksheets
- Using Functions, Setting Print Options, and Adding Visual Elements
- Working with Multiple Worksheets, Tables, and Other File Formats
Integrating Applications: Word and Excel
- Maintaining Data in Access Tables
- Creating Tables and Relationships
- Creating Queries, Forms, and Reports
- Summarizing Data and Calculating in Forms and Reports
Integrating Applications: Word, Excel, and Access
- Preparing a Presentation
- Editing and Enhancing Slides
- Customizing a Presentation
Integrating Applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Drive Student Success with Cirrus™ 2.0
The Marquee Series, powered by Paradigm’s Cirrus platform, integrates seamlessly with Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, and Moodle. Students and educators can access all course material anytime, anywhere through a live internet connection. Cirrus delivers students the same learning experience whether they are using a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
Course content is digitally delivered in a series of scheduled assignments that report to a grade book, thus tracking student progress and achievement through Cirrus’s complete solution.
Dynamic Training, Practice, and Assessment
Cirrus course content for the Marquee Series includes interactive assignments to guide student learning and engaging practice and assessment activities to reinforce and assess application skills.
- Watch and Learn Lessons explain how to perform the section activities, including short demonstration videos for students to view and content for them to read. Each lesson is supported with a skills list to track performance outcomes and a Features Summary.
- Check Your Understanding Quizzes allow students to check their understanding of the section concepts.
- Guide and Practice Tutorials provide skill-specific, interactive, guided training and measured practice.
- Exercises and Projects provide opportunities for students to further develop and demonstrate section skills. Exercises and Projects are completed live in the Microsoft 365 application and are automatically scored by Cirrus. Detailed feedback and how-to videos help students evaluate and improve their performance.
- Skills Exams evaluate student ability to complete specific tasks. Skills Exams are completed live in the Microsoft 365 application and are automatically scored.
- Multiple-choice Concept Exams assess student understanding of the section content.
Instructor Resources for the Marquee Series
Cirrus tracks students’ step-by-step interactions, giving instructors visibility into students’ progress and missteps. Instructor resources include:
- Planning resources, such as syllabus suggestions, course performance objectives, skills lists, and student completion time estimates
- Delivery resources, such as teaching tips, suggestions for using Cirrus demonstration elements in the classroom, and discussion questions
- Assessment resources, including live and annotated PDF model answers for section work and review and assessment activities, rubrics for evaluating student work, Knowledge Check completion exercises, section-based concept exam item banks, and new Capstone Projects that allow students to demonstrate their creativity and skills mastery
Ready to Learn More?
We'd love the opportunity to show you how the Marquee Series and Cirrus build students' skills and eliminate many of the obstacles that can prevent them from being prepared for the first week of class and successful throughout the course.Request a Presentation