Get ready for your next semester!
About the Courseware
The Benchmark Series: Microsoft 365 Word is designed to help students create professional-looking documents for school, work, and personal communication needs. This courseware prepares students to master word-processing skills and prepare for certification exams.
Level 1 develops learners' skills in preparing and formatting as well as enhancing and customizing documents.
Level 2 develops learners' proficiency in using advanced formatting and editing features, creating specialized tables and indexes, managing building blocks and fields, and preparing documents for sharing and collaboration.
Level 3 develops students' proficiency in using advanced formatting features, managing merge options and macros, creating specialized tables and indexes, using outline view, and integrating and sharing documents and data.
Authors: Nita Rutkosky; Audrey Roggenkamp, Pierce College Puyallup; and Ian Rutkosky, Pierce College Puyallup
Word Level 1
- Preparing a Word Document
- Formatting Characters and Paragraphs
- Customizing Paragraphs
- Formatting Pages and Documents
- Inserting and Formatting Objects
- Managing Documents
- Creating Tables
- Applying and Customizing Formatting
Word Level 2
- Applying Advanced Formatting
- Prooﬁng Documents
- Inserting Headers, Footers, and References
- Creating Specialized Tables and Navigating in a Document
- Customizing Objects and Creating Charts
- Merging Documents
- Managing Building Blocks and Fields
- Managing Shared Documents
Word Level 3
- Designing with Styles
- Managing Merge Options
- Managing Macros
- Creating Forms
- Creating a Table of Authorities and Index
- Using Outline View
- Integrating and Sharing Documents and Data
- Customizing Word
Drive Student Success with Cirrus™ 2.0
The Benchmark Series, powered by Paradigm’s Cirrus platform, integrates seamlessly with Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, and Moodle. Students and educators can access all course material anytime, anywhere through a live internet connection. Cirrus delivers students the same learning experience whether they are using a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
Course content is digitally delivered in a series of scheduled assignments that report to a grade book, thus tracking student progress and achievement through Cirrus’s complete solution.
Cirrus course content for the Benchmark Series includes the following interactive assignments to guide student learning.
- Watch and Learn Lessons
- Check Your Understanding Quizzes
- Guide and Practice Tutorials
Practice and Assessment Activities
The following practice and assessment activities for each chapter reinforce and assess student learning.
- Hands on Activities
- Exercises and Projects
- Skills Exams
- Concepts Exams
- Unit-Level Projects
Instructor Resources for the Benchmark Series
Cirrus tracks students’ step-by-step interactions, giving instructors visibility into students’ progress and missteps. Instructor resources include:
- Planning resources, such as syllabus suggestions, course performance objectives, chapter-based performance objectives, and student completion time estimates
- Delivery resources, such as teaching tips, suggestions for using Cirrus demonstration elements in the classroom, and discussion questions
- Assessment resources, including live and annotated PDF model answers for chapter work and review and assessment activities, rubrics for evaluating student work, Knowledge Check completion exercises, chapter-based concept exam item banks, and new Capstone Projects that allow students to demonstrate their creativity and skills mastery
Ready to Learn More?
We'd love the opportunity to show you how the Benchmark Series and Cirrus build students' skills and eliminate many of the obstacles that can prevent them from being prepared for the first week of class and successful throughout the course.Request a Presentation