Available for Fall 2022 Classes
About the Courseware
The Benchmark Series: Microsoft 365 Access is designed for students who want to learn how to use Microsoft’s feature-rich data management tool to track, report, and share information. This courseware is designed to equip learners with mastery-level skills and to prepare them for certification exams.
Level 1 develops students' skills in planning, creating, and managing database tables and using Access database features in a variety of scenarios.
Level 2 develops students' proficiency in using advanced tables, relationships, queries, and forms; creating and using custom forms and reports; and using Access tools to effectively manage and integrate data.
Authors: Nita Rutkosky; Jan Davidson, Lambton College; Audrey Roggenkamp, Pierce College Puyallup; and Ian Rutkosky, Pierce College Puyallup
Access Level 1
- Managing and Creating Access Tables
- Creating Relationships between Tables
- Performing Queries
- Creating and Modifying Tables in Design View
- Creating Forms
- Creating Reports and Mailing Labels
- Modifying, Filtering, and Viewing Data
- Exporting and Importing Data
Access Level 2
- Designing the Structure of Tables
- Building Relationships and Lookup Fields
- Advanced Query Techniques
- Creating and Using Custom Forms
- Creating and Using Custom Reports
- Using Access Tools and Managing Objects
- Automating, Customizing, and Securing Access
- Integrating Access Data
Drive Student Success with Cirrus™ 2.0
The Benchmark Series, powered by Paradigm’s Cirrus platform, integrates seamlessly with Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, and Moodle. Students and educators can access all course material anytime, anywhere through a live internet connection. Cirrus delivers students the same learning experience whether they are using a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
Course content is digitally delivered in a series of scheduled assignments that report to a grade book, thus tracking student progress and achievement through Cirrus’s complete solution.
Cirrus course content for the Benchmark Series includes the following interactive assignments to guide student learning.
- Watch and Learn Lessons
- Check Your Understanding Quizzes
- Guide and Practice Tutorials
Practice and Assessment Activities
The following practice and assessment activities for each chapter reinforce and assess student learning.
- Hands on Activities
- Exercises and Projects
- Skills Exams
- Concepts Exams
- Unit-Level Projects
Instructor Resources for the Benchmark Series
Cirrus tracks students’ step-by-step interactions, giving instructors visibility into students’ progress and missteps. Instructor resources include:
- Planning resources, such as syllabus suggestions, course performance objectives, chapter-based performance objectives, and student completion time estimates
- Delivery resources, such as teaching tips, suggestions for using Cirrus demonstration elements in the classroom, and discussion questions
- Assessment resources, including live and annotated PDF model answers for chapter work and review and assessment activities, rubrics for evaluating student work, Knowledge Check completion exercises, chapter-based concept exam item banks, and new Capstone Projects that allow students to demonstrate their creativity and skills mastery
Ready to Learn More?
We'd love the opportunity to show you how the Benchmark Series and Cirrus build students' skills and eliminate many of the obstacles that can prevent them from being prepared for the first week of class and successful throughout the course.Request a Presentation