Job Seeker's Workbook
Author(s): Editors at JIST
This special workbook reinforces the main messages of welfare reform: Learn how to find a job and keep it. The workbook content is divided into four sections: Getting Started, Your Job Is Out There, Making a Good Impression, and Success That Lasts.
Job Seeker's Workbook has many interactive worksheets, charts, and checklists. It is excellent for job seekers with a lower reading level or limited English skills (ESL/GED programs). The activities can be used in class or assigned as homework.
With this workbook, readers learn to:
- Understand and set goals.
- Recognize their job skills.
- Organize their job searches and use job search tools.
- Make contacts to discover available jobs.
- Prepare and follow up for interviews.
- Be successful on the job.
This edition includes up-to-date, reorganized content; information on technology; helpful skills lists; and engaging worksheets.