How Timings Are Graded
The Online Lab generates a grade based on the student’s speed and error count. The scoring is as follows:
- Max Errors Allowed: Total errors allowed in the graded Timings activity in order to get a passing grade. If the student’s work has more errors than Max Errors Allowed, the grade will be 0. If the student’s work has less than or equal to the errors of Max Errors Allowed, the grade is based on the WPM Value.
- WPM Value: The minimum number of words a minute (WPM) the student needs to achieve in order to receive a grade of 100%. Although the WPM Value can be different from activity to activity, in all instances the WPM Value represents the WPM the student needs to achieve to receive a grade of 100%.
- Student WPM: The actual WPM Value the student achieved.
- If the errors in the student work are greater than the Max Errors Allowed, then the Grade value is 0, regardless of the Student WPM value. If the errors in the student’s work are less than or equal to the Max Errors allowed, the following Grade Value applies.
- Grade Value: The Grade Value is a presented as a percentage and is based on the following: (Student WPM / WPM Value)*100=Grade Value.