About the Assessment
The College Survival and Success Scale (CSSS) measures a student's ability to get the most from post-secondary education and training and use it to build a successful future. While more students are trying to further their educations, nearly half fail to graduate with a degree.
The CSSS is designed to help students identify potential pitfalls to their educational success and implement strategies to overcome them. The CSSS covers five scales important for staying in and doing well in college, according to research:
- Commitment to Education
- Self- and Resource-Management Skills
- Interpersonal and Social Skills
- Academic Success Skills
- Career Planning Skills
Key Features and Benefits
- Includes a free Administrator's Guide and Tips for Using the CSSS in the College Classroom.
- Gauges the skills, habits, motivations, and attitudes needed to survive and succeed in college.
- Includes dozens of helpful suggestions for improving college survival and success, plus writing space for "My Success Plan."
- Takes an average of 20 minutes to complete.
- Makes a great discussion tool and helps individuals learn what college will be like, understand expectations in college, and prepare for the college experience and the college environment.
- Helps high schools, colleges, and other programs take action to improve college retention rates by increasing student awareness of the college experience, opening up discussion, and individualizing their services, seminars, and counseling to better meet the specific needs of their students.
- Can be given to groups or individuals.
- Available in print or online.
Administer the Assessment in Print or Online
Select the format that works best for your clients' or students' needs. The print version is ideal for in-person meetings and workshops and can be a helpful reference tool during one-on-one discussions.
The online version offers automated scoring and allows individuals to complete the assessment at home at their convenience. Results are immediately saved and provided to administrators. This option is ideal for serving or advising individuals who are unable to meet face-to-face.
Request a Sample or Quote
Interested in using this assessment in your program or curriculum? Contact your account manager for more information.